Have you ever seen the fall foliage in Vermont? When was the last time you took a full weekend for yourself and disconnected from your smartphone, your laptop, your weekend routine and just recharged?
Move & Meditate is back! Take a minute to reflect on all the emotional energy and effort you put into everything that you do in your life – your work, family, friends, community, travel, health, etc. Our lives are very busy and clearly over-scheduled; sometimes we forget how restorative and renewing it can be to take any time away from our daily routine to recharge and connect deeply with ourselves and others in nature.
Here are five great reasons to join us on our weekend retreat, October 4-6, 2019.
1. – Yoga with Betty Riaz – We open and close our days with some gentle and restorative yoga. One of the reasons yoga is so inspiring to me is because the practice is always changing as we change, every time I practice. If you’ve ever been to our old Move & Meditate classes at Stil Studio, you know that Betty is never short on creative variations and poses to help us go deeper.
The process of connecting our heart, mind, body, and breath really embodies mindfulness. We will tap into some physical openings which can lead to emotional breakthroughs. And, if you haven’t taken Betty’s famous Spa Yoga class, then that is the # 1 reason you should attend… we close out the days with her Spa class. It’s like a “spa day” for your body and mind.
2. – Meditations with Andy, The Boston Buddha – We will sit comfortably and focus on the art of just being, by listening and observing our mind. When we become still we are able to self observe, self reflect, in that moment, without judgement – this is Pure Awareness. Throughout the 3 days we will explore various types of meditations – Silent, Mantra & Sutra Meditation Techniques, Mindfulness Practices, Loving Kindness Meditation, Eating and Hiking Meditations, and other sense work.
We call it our “practice”, because we will always be practicing to become more awake from moment to moment. We’re learning how to train and integrate the body, heart, and mind – like anything we want to cultivate in our life, this takes practice.
3. – Fun Activities and Group Work – Enlightenment is a team sport. There will be creative activities and group discussions. These exercises amplify our awareness into the deeper conditioning that creates our unconscious reactions and decisions in our lives. We’ll see that there are scores of subtle ways in which we are communicating with each other, where we’re getting a sense of what’s going on inside the other person. The more sophisticated we become at reading other people, the more connectivity we experience. Being in a space, sharing with others, is sometimes the mirror we need to remember that everything we need to be happy is within us.
4. – Fall in Vermont – There’s a reason why meditation retreats and temples have traditionally been built on high mountaintops like the Himalayas or deep in the forests – TO GET AWAY… physically removing ourselves from the distractions in our usual routine. Getting out into nature and breaking away from the typical story-lines of our lives, helps us tap into our own deeper awareness. The new Dharma Home in Vermont is breathtaking! It sits on a significant amount of land that is filled with wonderful healing qualities, waterfalls, hiking trails, and the powerful and beauty of nature.
Talk about Meditation For Everyone! The Dharma home offers an incredibly relaxed setting for the explorations of our inner and outer landscapes.
5. – Expanding your Community – At the end of the day, life is all about relationships. Being immersed all weekend, surrounded by others working from their best self, is one of the most important anchors for maintaining and deepening our meditation practice. It’s uplifting to be surrounded by other people exploring and navigating these age old practices and sharing great meals together!
If this sounds like something that would interest you, we’d love to spend the weekend with you. If you’re ready to completely unplug, recharge, and reset, let us know. It just may be the perfect antidote to the constant noise of busy, over-scheduled, work-driven lives – and the restorative benefits are many.
LIMITED to 10 PEOPLE:
$695 per person shared room
$250 to reserve
Potluck first night!
Email email@example.com for details.
To sign up click the title below to register: